- Date: October 8, 2022 (Sat)
- Time: 12:00 to 21:00 (Planned)
- Fireworks Display: 18:00 to 19:30 (Planned)
- Venue: Takata Matsubara Sports Park (Rikuzentakata City, Iwate Prefecture)
The Sanriku Fireworks Festival started as an event "to launch dreams in unity" and "bring strength and smiles" to spectators. It is also an event to promote the Sanriku area, especially among emerging pyrotechnicians working in the fireworks industry.
While the Sanriku Fireworks Competition 2022 offers large-scale entertainment, it is a competition where 23 fireworks manufacturers from nationwide showoff their skills. Spectators watching the fireworks display at the venue and online will be the judge.
The Sanriku Fireworks is a spectacular event featuring displays by famous Japanese pyrotechnicians mixed with music, coloring the night sky over Takata Matsubara. We will continue making exciting fireworks displays launched from Sanriku to Japan and worldwide.
*There are no free viewing areas or free parking for visitors outside of Rikuzentakata City. Please check the official website for further information on how to view the fireworks display.
Please read the following information carefully if you plan on attending the event.
- A reservation is required to view the Sanriku Fireworks Competition 2022 to prevent overcrowding. If you're visiting from outside Rikuzentakata City, please read the viewing instructions and how to access the venue before your arrival.
- There will be traffic regulations in Rikuzentakata on the day of the event. Free parking will not be available, so please purchase a parking ticket with your viewing ticket beforehand.
- Residents of Rikuzentakata and business operators will be notified of the traffic regulations and viewing methods through the city's public relations magazine. These details will be available about a month before the event.
- Since heavy traffic is expected, please arrive at the venue with time to spare. Various attractions will be scheduled during the day. After the fireworks display, please follow the guidance of staff when leaving the venue. Additional information will be released on the official website and social media platforms.